[mythtv-users] vdpau and PIP

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 03:56:42 UTC 2009

> You should try with an ffmpeg/Xv profile, you'll see that it looks
> exactly the same ..
>
> did you ever get PiP working properly ; by properly I mean a decent
> size of the extra picture, not like a stamped compressed one :)

I have never played with it at all but I will have a look tonight just
to compare using software.

I have never really seen the value in PIP when you have the ability to
record the other channel. It is something I will never use as I always
found that trying to watch two shows at the one time ruins both of
them. I guess there is some merit in using it to spot when something
starts/stops perhaps but not really with all the other great mythtv
functionality.

Phil