[mythtv-users] HD Video Quality

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:56:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM, MrVining
<myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com> wrote:
> Well now that I got aspect ratio fixed, I need to work on video quality.  My
> SD playback seems to be fine but for HD I seem to be running into a lack of
> performance and I don't know where to start.  I honestly thought this
> hardware would be plenty for HD playback, but maybe I need to adjust
> settings or something.  Here is my setup:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128072
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072
> 1 Gig of ram
> On board video for now (that will change quickly if that is the issue).

The hardware needed depends a lot on what the HD is encoded in. I mean
I can playback 1080i HD MPEG2 on my 1.8GHz core 2 laptop streamed over
wireless with no problem at all. My 2.4 (single core) and 2.6 Ghz dual
core opterons played it back fine as well and the q9550 has no problem
at all with it.

John