[mythtv-users] HD Video Quality

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:53:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:16 AM, MrVining <
myth-user-discussion at mrvining.com> wrote:

> Well now that I got aspect ratio fixed, I need to work on video quality.
>  My SD playback seems to be fine but for HD I seem to be running into a lack
> of performance and I don't know where to start.  I honestly thought this
> hardware would be plenty for HD playback, but maybe I need to adjust
> settings or something.  Here is my setup:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128072
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072
> 1 Gig of ram
> On board video for now (that will change quickly if that is the issue).
>
> I guess I'm just shocked that TiVo can put out such great video with such
> crap hardware (I know that there is some hardware decoding, I guess I need
> to figure that out for my system?)
>
> Thank you for your time and response in advance.
>
> Eric

I think  your hardware should be fine for HD.  Why do you say it isn't?
 What settings?  Have you tried slim as the setting just to get a benchmark?
 I have a AMC 5400+ which isn't much more if any more processing power and
it is fine.  It doesn't work on CPU-- however but does work on CPU++ if you
can believe that.

Allen