[mythtv-users] FaceBook Status Updates in MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Feb 16 17:42:52 UTC 2009

On Feb 15, 2009, at 7:02 PM, Phil Wild wrote:

>>> I posted a new version:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/FacebookOSD.pl
>>>
>>> This one takes arguments for -email, -password and -dir for your
>>> login
>>> information and the directory to store the working files.
>>> I run this every 5 minutes with a cron job that looks like this:
>>> */5 * *   *   *    DISPLAY=:0 ./facebookOSD.pl -email me
>>> \@mydomain.com
>>> -password mypassword -dir ~/
>>>

> I receive the following error when trying to use this script.
>
> syntax error at line 1, column 0, byte 0 at
> /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187
>
> I am only using facebook login credentials
>
> Any ideas?

This looks like you're getting back a bad XML request. Someone
mentioned they had to add use Crypt::SSLeay in the use section of the
script to get it to log in correctly for them. I'm not sure why I
don't have to do that, but it's worth a shot.

If that works for you, I'll add it to the script in the wiki page.

-Brad