[mythtv-users] mythtv backend restarts every night at midnight!?

Ben Coleman arrikhan_mail at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 16 09:39:45 UTC 2009

Does anyone know where controlled restarts of mytthv come from? I bootup
my backend box and it kicks off the mythbackend script ... as per task
below. I'm running .20 at the moment.

At midnight every night, it restarts, impacting anything being recorded
through this time, by starting a second recording of the same show from
midnight onwards, and obviously stopping the original one.

/usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

Any ideas?

Regards,

BC.