[mythtv-users] Netflix Streaming on Myth box?

Adam Miskiewicz adam.skevy at mac.com
Mon Feb 16 08:53:21 UTC 2009

On Feb 16, 2009, at 3:25 AM, Eric wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:45:27 -0800 Allen Edwards wrote:
>> I want to watch netflix streaming movies on my mythtv system.
>
>> I see several programs that claim to allow XP to be loaded under
>> Linux.
>
> I am very new here (as in just joined today), and don't have a
> mythTV box setup yet.
>
> But i do run xp on my ubuntu box using http://www.virtualbox.org/
>
> It works very well.  You have to use the non-free version for usb
> support.
>
> And on a different machine with xp i run ubuntu inside of
> virtualbox.
>
> I don't remember the specific steps, but it was pretty easy.  I
> quickly found answers when i got hung up just by searching google.
>

> Feel free to email me  (off list, if this is too off topic).  If i
> can help, i will.
>
> Eric

Oops hit the wrong button :-D

What about VMWare Server?  I know you can run XP, but I don't know if
it would have enough graphics power to run netflix...might be worth a
try though.  Google VMWare Server and you should be able to get it for
free.

Adam Miskiewicz
Lead Web Developer/Front-End Architect
leveltwo, inc.