[mythtv-users] How big CF card for frontend?

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 06:43:50 UTC 2009

2009/2/16 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>:
> How large would a CF card need to be to hold a mythbuntu front end? I
> am hoping 4G but can't find a figure anywhere.

I bought a 4GB USB stick and mounted it internally. Mythbuntu is
currently consuming 2.5G of the 4G stick. 0.5G is swap leaving 1.5G
left.

I have bought an 8G card which will replace it... I keep hitting
issues that fill the filesystem with a huge mythfrontend.log file
"forcing jumpto 1" I am hoping the 8G card will give me extra time to
fix it before hitting the 100% full mark.

I am also guessing that I am using an additional 20-30% of a standard
install due to having to download and compile a bunch of needed bits
like alsa, lirc, lcdproc etc.

Cheers

Phil