[mythtv-users] Problem with AC3, Audigy, and Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 03:40:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Adam Miskiewicz <adam.skevy at mac.com> wrote:
> I think you're officially my good luck charm today.  When I tried those
> settings earlier it would cause the video to be unsteady, as in the video
> shakes...lol...i don't know how else to describe it.  Anyway, it seems to
> work.
> And one more quick question...is there a way to modify that asound.conf file
> to allow me to change the volume of the spdif out using the computer?  Or do
> I have to only use the receiver in order to make it work properly?

If you want the true digital stream (as in the best soundtrack from
ac3 and dts sources, the answer is "don't do it".

The idea of passing the digital sound through is to prevent alsa from
doing a poor job of munging it.

Use your amp, thats the way its supposed to be (luckily my remote
allows me to reprogram the vol+/- so my myth remote controls volume on
the amp.