[mythtv-users] Stream over the internet

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 15 17:45:48 UTC 2009

Jay Summet wrote:

> Even if you were unable to actually stream the recordings, you could use
> a tool such as rsync to synchronize the filesystems of the BE and FE box
> (in non-real-time) and then watch the shows at your remote front end by
> telling it to pull the show from the filesystem instead of by streaming
> it over the network.
>

> Overall however, I suggest you buy a slingbox, as that device is
> designed to do exactly what you are trying to shoehorn MythTv into.
>
> Jay

its not live tv, but there should be no problem watching recorded shows
on mythweb from the internet.  Ive been doing it for some time, even
with the connection being a gt max laptop card.  gprs, hd shows lag once
in a while, but sd is fine, on 3g nothing lags.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

~ Netiquette ~