[mythtv-users] Xbox 360 Controller

David Meixner dpmeixner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:51:10 UTC 2009

I just recently got my wireless Xbox 360 controller working as a remote in
MythTV and thought I'd share.  It was pretty straightforward:

First, if you want to use a wireless controller, you need the Xbox wireless
gaming receiver, which is about $20.  At the time NewEgg has free
shippping.

Next, the guide here does a good job of explaining how to install the
driver.  It mentions Ubuntu 7.10, but it also worked for me in Fedora 10.
The driver needs to start up before the mythfrontend, so I put the following
lines in my /etc/init.d file:

/sbin/modprobe uinput
/sbin/modprobe joydev
/sbin/rmmod xpad
/usr/local/bin/xboxdrv --wid 0 &

Finally, the MythTV wiki has an article on how to set up a joystick as a
remote:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Joystick_Control

Regards,
David