[mythtv-users] Why cant we make a STB?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 15 15:30:43 UTC 2009

On Sunday 15 February 2009 08:04:01 John Drescher wrote:

> Also from my experience satellite and cable company STBs do reboot
> themselves every once and a while this is probably for updates and
> such but I think a planned reboot at 3AM once a week would not hurt.

My DISH receiver (model 722) resets itself every 24 hours, which is a PIA,
since you have to press "select" to get it into a usable mode. You can change
the time of day at which it does this, but I have not found any way to stop
this anti-social behaviour.

Certainly the claim that a product that is not "perfect" can't be sold is
totally refuted by an outfit in Redmond.

--
beww
beww at beww.org