[mythtv-users] Refresh line being seen

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Feb 15 04:23:57 UTC 2009

Brian Wood wrote:
> Actually, if the hum bar were recorded, it would freeze, but that's not the
> type of problem he seems to have. This happens with a ground differential
> between the computer and the cable system, if you are using an internal card
> fed by RF to record, and could also be called a "ground loop".

Yeah, I've had that one.  It can also happen if you're using a cable box
and there's a differential between the computer and the cable box.  In
that case it usually shows up as audio hum, too.

But he said the bar disappeared when he paused the video, so I'm
guessing it's not a hum bar on the recording.