[mythtv-users] Refresh line being seen

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 03:03:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 6:57 PM, Paulin <paulin at spextreme.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Robert McNamara <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> > And I believe on some of my lower analog channels I have the grounding
>> > issue
>> > (Ch 3, 6).  Those make the entire picture flicker with bars and are
>> > present
>> > when paused.  However that isn't the issue I'm worried about as it is
>> > only
>> > on the analog.  The other issue is on all things being played back.
>> >
>> > So I'm guessing its deinterlace or VDPAU playback related.
>> >
>> > steve

>> You are seeing lack of vsync.  VDPAU has no vsync when the composite
>> extension is enabled.  You need to disable composite in your
>> xorg.conf.
>>
>> Robert
>>

> Thanks...Can you hint to me how to do that?
>
> steve

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

Note that lots of other stuff (Compiz, etc.) relies on Compositing
enabled, and that you may find that alt-tabbing out of myth (or having
another window pop up, like the screensaver) during VDPAU video
playback will render video playback black until you stop it.  In
short, it can be pretty and inconvenient, or function solid and
not-so-pretty.

Guess this is what they mean by "alpha features."

Robert