[mythtv-users] tuner funny business

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 16:38:35 UTC 2009

On 14/02/2009, Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have a question. I have a Hauppauge Nova T500 dual tuner in my
>  backend. One programmer is currently being recorded. I have just
>  rebooted the frontend. I went to connect to LiveTV and it told me that
>  both tuners were in use and offered me the choice of connecting to the
>  programme being recorded.
>
>  Now I only have one frontend so I don't understand why the other tuner
>  would be in use. If I check the tuner status, I can see that one tuner
>  is recording and one is watching Live TV.
>
>  How do I regain control of the tuner watching LiveTV?

Restarting the backend is currently the only way (I think).

Which version (mythbackend --version) are you running? I know this
issue has been reported in the past but don't know if mythbackend will
currently release a LiveTV tuner from a frontend that has 'gone away'.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: