[mythtv-users] Favour required: imon infra red and lirc

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 04:02:56 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/14 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>:
> I have the same version as you and followed a lot of your instructions
> to get it going. I am not sure if I patched for the joystick though -
> can not remember now.... I did not use the same source as you though
> from memory, I performed a:

> apt-get install lirc-modules-source and then applied the patches
> followed by dpkg-reconfigure.

Perfect, here is what I had written back when I got lirc working with
this LCD screen along with the patches I put together to get full
support:

"Hi

For those running Ubuntu (tested on Ubuntu 8.10 beta)

I've made a patch to the existing lirc modules, the advantage being
that they will be installed in the proper location, and it will be
easier to maintain in the future.
Patch is available there:
http://www.avenard.org/mythtv/lirc-0.8.3.imon.patch

How to use it:

# apt-get install lirc-modules-source
# cd /usr/src/lirc-0.8.3
# patch -p1 /path/th/lirc-0.8.3.imon.patch
# dpkg-reconfigure lirc-modules-source

either reboot or type:
rmmod lirc_imon
rmmod lirc_dev
modprobe lirc_imon

That's it
"

Then use the startup script and the two lirc configuration file I've
put in the earlier archive I gave you yesterday

> Sigh..... This is all sounding rather hard and time consuming. I was
> hoping it would be much easier than this.... I'll keep trying tonight
> after I regain ownership of the TV.

You don't need to do any of this if you follow my instructions there...

It should all be working just fine
Jean-Yves