[mythtv-users] ccextractor srt display issue

Mike altmcf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 02:08:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Mike <altmcf at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been experimenting with the ccextractor program.  I ran it on one
> of the mpeg2 files in /storage/recordings from the hdhomerun OTA tuner
> (mythdora5 box).  It produced an SRT file.  When I cat the srt file I
> see expected caption data.  When I try to play the show in mythtv I
> don't see any subtitles being displayed.  I tried hitting T and then I
> see a Subtitles On message but still no subtitles coming from that SRT
> being displayed on screen.  According to everything I have read the
> SRT should just be picked up if it is the same name as the original
> file name but with the SRT extension.  Anyone run into something like
> this?
>
> I want to be able to get captions after the show has been transcoded
> down to a smaller size which is why I am messing with this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike

Turns out on the transcoded show the subtitles show up on screen just
fine which is what I wanted (on the original file nothing shows up).
I added SRT file generation to the makempeg2 script (search the
archives for it).  Now have captions working after the transcode to a
lower resolution.  Life is good. :)

if [ "${1}" == "mythjob" ] ; then
  export filename="${2}/${3}"
  cd ${2}
  export mythjob=1
else
  export mythjob=0
  export filename=${1}
fi

# Generate SRT file
/usr/local/bin/ccextractor "${filename}"