[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun corruption

Michael D. O'Brien obrienmd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:29:36 UTC 2009

I've been having major HDHomeRun corruption issues lately.  HD recordings
that are created have varying degrees of blocking and audio breakup.
 HDHomeRun reports great signal strength and quality as per their
recommendations in the troubleshooting PDF (QAM, signal > 80%).  I've
checked dmesg for hardware/network issues, but don't see any.

This happens more on ABC HD than other channels, but on all other HD
channels.  SD channels do not have corruption issues.

I've recorded the same programs on a Comcast DVR box with no corruption.

My backend setup is as follows:
Core 2 Duo 6320 4GB RAM
P45 Motherboard
2x750GB for recordings in RAID1 (mdadm)

HDHomeRuns are connected to backend (as is everything else on the network)
via a Dell Powerconnect 5224 gigabit switch.

Mike OBrien