[mythtv-users] Another Stupid Question

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Feb 13 09:42:34 UTC 2009

Nick Rout wrote:

> Well the maximum resolution of a DVD is 720x576 so you will have to
> reduce resolution. It can still have 16:9 aspect, because the pixels
> are not necessarily square.

Understood.

> you didn't tell us what codec your recorded tv uses. I suspect it is
> mpeg2. Please don't ask how to transcode to mpeg, mpeg is a collection
> of standards. what one do you want?

Simply being able to copy the files from the recording directory to a
data DVD or hard disk is fine and I have now done that. SO, that problem
is resolved.

That said, I have just finished processing one of the files with
Divx7/mkv and the result is outstanding.

Cheers

--
The GuiGuy

   ,-._|\