[mythtv-users] Another Stupid Question

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Feb 13 08:07:37 UTC 2009

David Brodbeck wrote:
> I would suggest using mencoder or something similar to transcode them to
> MPEG4.  That's what I do for stuff I want to archive.  Normally I do
> this on the command line, but at the moment I'm playing around with
> Avidemux, which is a pretty nice graphical interface for transcoding.

mencoder/ffmpeg etc really aren't giving the quality of the original.
However, I have managed to copy and rename the original recordings and
each will fit on a single layer DVD, which solves my main problem. I'm
going to re-process them later with DIVX7/mkv if for no other reason but
curiosity.

Cheers

--
The GuiGuy