[mythtv-users] Another Stupid Question

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Feb 13 08:07:37 UTC 2009

David Brodbeck wrote:
> I would suggest using mencoder or something similar to transcode them to
> MPEG4.  That's what I do for stuff I want to archive.  Normally I do
> this on the command line, but at the moment I'm playing around with
> Avidemux, which is a pretty nice graphical interface for transcoding.

mencoder/ffmpeg etc really aren't giving the quality of the original.
However, I have managed to copy and rename the original recordings and
each will fit on a single layer DVD, which solves my main problem. I'm
going to re-process them later with DIVX7/mkv if for no other reason but

The GuiGuy

  /  Oz  \

They are not a nation of snobs like the English or of extravagant
boasters like the Americans or of reckless profligates like the French,
they are simply a nation of drunkards
(Marcus Clark - Englishman)