[mythtv-users] ls: reading directory /tv/d2: Input/output error

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 03:25:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Jarle Thorsen <jarlethorsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/2/13 Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
>>
>> I have a drive that keeps getting stuck in error mode.  The only way i
>> can figure out how to fix it is a reboot.
>>
>> when doing a ls on the directory the drive is mounted in i get:
>> ls: reading directory /tv/d2: Input/output error
>>
>> Does this mean its failing?  How can i test it?  I do put my drives to
>> sleep after 30 mins and its like the drive wont wake up.
>

> Do you get any more information in /var/log/messages ?
>
> --
> Jarle Thorsen

Not really but i think the drive is failing...I rebooted tonight and
it didnt come back up.  I got a SMART error on IDE 3.  And that drive
is not showing up in linux.  This is my oldest drive so hopefully i
can get it to load and pull my recordings off it.

Is there some whay i can query my SQL database to show all recordings
in that directory?  That way i can manually fix the DB to point that
recording to the new location?

Thanks,

--
Mitchell