[mythtv-users] Connecting to PVR-500 S-Video???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 13 01:28:21 UTC 2009

On Thursday 12 February 2009 18:08:53 Craig Huff wrote:
> I defined the connection
> as having no guide source and did not define or scan for channels
> (what for -- it's the S-Video input ;-)  ).

Because:

The usual use for a composite or S-Video input is to record the output of a
satellite receiver or cable STB. This is how I record the output of my DISH
receiver, so I did specify a starting channel and a channel change script.
Myth seemed to want a channel changer, before I got that set up I just
used /bin/true, which would always exit with a good status, indicating to
Myth that it had completed OK.

(always wondered why that command existed, now I know)

This works for me (and many others), so you might just set things up as if
that's what you were doing, and it should work.

As you said, it's been discussed here before, and I think most people seemed
to think that using Myth for such a task is extreme overkill, but, especially
if you have commercials on your tapes, I can see advantages.

--
beww
beww at beww.org