[mythtv-users] Way to turn off VGA output on command line?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 18:35:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Jay Summet <jay at summet.com> wrote:

> Steve Heistand wrote:
>> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:58:25 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote
>>> My TV is newer than my Onkyo HT receiver and I'm using the remote for
>>> LIRC. Currently I have to manually turn off the TV or use the TV
>>> remote.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to turn off the video output from the VGA port on the
>>> command line? Prior to getting DMPS turned off I noticed the TV will
>>> "SLEEP" if it's not receiving a signal over VGA and I'd like to take
>>> advantage of that fact. I'm looking for something I can toggle using
>>> the exec feature of lirc.
>
> See here:
> http://www.summet.com/blog/2008/04/13/dpms-monitor-control-via-remote-control-on-myth-tv/
>  for a small patch to this page with the rest of the directions:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DPMS
>
> Jay

Thanks. I think the myth wiki link was what I was looking for. My
remote has both a Power and a Standby button so instead of worrying
about how to make the script "toggle" off and on I think I'll setup
the power button to "xset dmps force on" and the Standby button to
"xset dmps force off" using irexec.

Richard