[mythtv-users] NVidia ION - Atom plus 9400M graphics on a box smaller than a toaster

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 19:50:41 UTC 2009

More news: Engadget has a link to a demo video of an Ion system running
Windows 7 and doing all kinds of fun stuff - I wasn't able to watch the
video without it buffering 5 seconds in.

However the big news in my opinion is this quote from Electronista:

"Production systems from most manufacturers will be about twice as large as
the concept and fill out about 1L (33.8oz) of space, but will also be less
expensive to make by using fewer layers on the circuit board. Some of these
desktops will cost as little as $299, though some models will be more
complete systems that include optical drives and will likely cost more."

They don't cite any sources so perhaps it's just speculation on their part,
but if not the ultimate affordable FE (if not BE as well) is going to be
upon us "this spring" !

Engadget:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/11/nvidia-shows-off-ion-windows-7-multitasking-confirms-launch-det/
Electronista: