[mythtv-users] DVD recognized as MEDIATYPE_DATA instead of MEDIATYPE_DVD

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Wed Feb 11 16:33:47 UTC 2009

Ma Begaj wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com>:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I disabled watching of DVD drive long time ago because MythTv would
>> recognize DVD as unknown type or data type.
>> That would start MythGallery every time I inserted DVD and Mythgallery
>> is useless in this case.
>>
>> 2nd reason for disabling this feature was because Myhtfrontend was
>> filling my logs with this line once per second:
>> /dev/cdrom Disk OK, type = MEDIATYPE_DATA
>>

>> I enabled this feature again today and I now rung mythfrontend with
>> "-v general,nomedia" to disable writing this message to the logs. Is
>> this line from above the usual behavior (writing it once per second)?
>> I tried changing it to /dev/hdc but it did not help.
>>
>> The problem with unrecognized DVDs is still unsolved. I am using 0.21-fixes.
>> Do you have any idea why are DVDs being not identified? Should I maybe
>> try to upgrade libdvdread or whatever is responsible for this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> nobody?

Hi!
Join the club?

I'm currently doing some ping on the list by searching "DVD" on the
subject, and found that I'm not alone... I'm also in the island! ;-) But
not so much lost.

I did some study and the libs libdvdnav, libdvdread and also the
libmpeg2 have updates for the last two years, and those updates are not
included on MythDVD/MythVideo.
Those updates are intended to deal with some grabled medias. The
question remains if the grabled is intended or not from the manufacturers.

If you compile mplayer from last update you will see the DVD perfectly
but the integration is miserable with mythtv.
About mplayer compilation was the guy responsible for the project that
told me to do it regarding the version number visible on logs.

--
*José Tomás*
Chico.mine.nu
 MSN: jfht at netc.pt