[mythtv-users] My Lost series 1 DVDs (recent birthday present) wont play. Disaster!

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:19:20 UTC 2009

2009/2/11 Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>

> Michael Lynch wrote:
>
>> Anyone know a work around for this? Somehow on one occasion
>>>>
>>> I think it is because Ben moved the island.
>>>
>>> Sorry... I'll shut up and crawl back under my rock....
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>

>> That just made my day - haha, great reply.
>>

> Hey this is a serious problem. You don't seem to appreciate
> the full gravity. :-)
>

> And no giving away important plot twists. It's my first
> time of watching it.
>

> P.

Have you tried Kaffeine (Xine) or Mplayer based player? Assuming that it
does not work in them or the MythTV Internal player then as a thought how
about adding your /mnt/dvdrom or /media/dvdrom (whatever your distro does)
as a video source in MythVideo and playing the VOB's directly as a nasty
kludge?!

--
Rafael C. Moslin-Palacios