[mythtv-users] pause screen

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 10 21:29:23 UTC 2009

Adam Stylinski <kungfujesus06 at gmail.com> says:
> Also I'd like to emphasis my second to the idea of showing information
> about the programming.  Although you can dig for it in mythtv's
> scheduling interface, it would be neat if the summary/actor info was
> somewhere on the OSD, or again, configurable as such.

It's not clear from your message whether you are aware of the
Global/INFO keybinding, which outside playback displays all the
metadata MythTV knows about the highlighted recording.

During playback the binding rotates between the three OSD modes. I
agree that it would be terrific to be able to bring up some more
metadata via INFO binding (or via the Pause button);
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/348793#348793>.

> Myth indexes so much more than most satellite or cable receivers,
> it's ridiculous (and wonderful).  Please, Schedules Direct
> maintainers, continue to index this valuable information.

SchedulesDirect' data comes straight from Tribune Media, which also
provides the data to TiVo, Zap2It, and many other DVR and online TV
listings. It's only MythTV (as far as I know) that completely exposes
the metadata, let alone permits searching for it in so many ways. Yet
another huge plus for MythTV.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array