[mythtv-users] MythVideo and Flash Drives

jr jraymyth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 18:47:32 UTC 2009

We have promoted our app to QA and so, while I am waiting for defects
to start rolling in,  I am wandering through the mythtv user archives
in a kind of stream of consciousness search pattern.  I came across a
few threads on MythVideo and removable media which spoke to CDs, DVD's
and USB Hard Drives.  It made me wonder if there was an existing
method where any given user can insert one or more usb flash drives
and have MythVideo automagically know about them, and thereby play its
contents.  I guess I could just add /media to the directory path?  But
then how do I set it up so that they can yank the drive without
unmounting it?

just wondering