[mythtv-users] question involving multiple frontends

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 13:44:49 UTC 2009

2009/2/10 Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> Myth doesn't care if you have every single capture card (and/or every
>> single virtual tuner) recording the exact same show (whether in LiveTV or a
>> scheduled recording).  Only your backends/HDD's see a difference.
>>
> Interesting. Unusual corner case, maybe, but if you've got 3 tuners all
> recording the same program (will the scheduler even allow that?) how does it
> create 3 .mpg files with the same name?

Hazarding a bit of a guess, but I've had a couple of occasions where
my wife will put on a show for my daughter (on LiveTV), when I'd
already scheduled a recording of that very show.  What I see in the
recordings directory tends to be 1064_20090210130000.mpg and
1064_20090210130001.mpg.

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
                                        -- Thomas Paine