[mythtv-users] gui offsets not sticking solved

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 04:03:11 UTC 2009

 This took me forever to figure out.
I go into setup-appearance and change the offset of the picture, GUI Y
offset to be exact, so that my screen is centered. I am sure the I
choose Use GUI size for TV playback. Everything is great until I watch
live tv or recordings. I can see the video image jump back down and the
video will not be centered. Then everything (frontend main screen) will
be off center until I go thru the setup-appearance again. The numbers
that I put in will still be there but the screen will not be centered
until i finish going through the setup.

Any ideas?

8.04.01

nvidia

FIXED

After struggling for a week I finally got it. Under appearance-screen
settings, make sure the gui width and height are set up exactly to your
monitor resolution. I had mine set at the default of zero, which
automatically scales everything to full screen. Once I put in my exact
resolutions, the offsets would stick.
Sho