[mythtv-users] Commercial PVR offerings - is MythTv still competitive ?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Feb 9 23:39:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, February 9, 2009 3:33 pm, jedi wrote:
>     Now the idea that you have to make special preparations to make a
> PC handle HD is just silly. PCs are inherently "high definition"
> devices and have been since before there were ideas of having HD TV.

The amount of discussion on this list about how to get proper HD playback
suggests otherwise.  It seems this is a really difficult issue for a lot
of people.  At any rate, I know my 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 can't do it.  Buying
a machine with the minimum specs for smooth HD playback would, at this
point, result in my MythTV box being the most powerful computer in my
whole house.