[mythtv-users] OT: follies with RAID

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Mon Feb 9 15:34:41 UTC 2009

John Drescher wrote:
>> I'm not all up on Linux software RAID, but what difference does it make?
>>

> Not a big difference. Though OS may not autodetect it and thus kick it
> out of the array on boot. This can be fixed using an /etc/mdadm.conf
> file.

Yeah... It worked fine while I had the drives in the main box.  I've had
to move them out and use a port multiplier, and all of the sudden md10
quit getting assembled and sdd got kicked out of the array.  So I guess
it's also a question of the hardware controller, although why that would
matter I have no idea.

--Yan