[mythtv-users] Fedora 9 and lirc

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Sun Feb 8 20:35:15 UTC 2009

All,

I'm using Fedora 9 and I see that atrpms no longer packages lirc.  I've
got lirc from fedora running, but my IR transmitter on the serial port
no longer works.  Here are the lines in my modprobe.conf and the startup
lines.  Receiving via my PVR-250 works fine, but transmitting isn't
working.

Modprobe.conf (relevant lines)
-------------
alias char-major-61-0 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-1 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-61-2 lirc_serial
options lirc_serial irq=4 io=0x3f8
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c
install lirc_serial /bin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none; /sbin/modprobe
--ignore
-install lirc_serial

Startup
-------
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
/sbin/modprobe lirc_serial
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
/usr/sbin/lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1
--output=/dev/lircd1 --pidf
ile=/var/run/lircd2.pid

Any help is greatly appreciated!  I can no longer change channels on my
Dish receiver!

Thanks,
Brian