[mythtv-users] errors running mythfilldatabase uk

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:11:20 UTC 2009

On 08/02/2009, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> Nick Morrott wrote:
>

> > Please upgrade your version of XMLTV.
> >
> > After checking the RT listings source files, it appears the Radio
> > Times have just started to add a terms of usage line to the top of
> > each file, which will break older versions of the grabber which only
> > expect "code|channel" lines to be present. Newer versions of the
> > grabber ignore these and let grabbing continue.
> >
> > Nick
> >

>  This may take some days to arrange. Do you have a work-around we can use
> till we get organised? For example, can I pull channels.dat, edit off the
> line, then run tv_grab_uk_rt with the edited file? How do I tell mfdb that
> I've done this?

For all:

I added support to ignore such bad entries in the version of the
grabber that was released as part of XMLTV 0.5.52 (released
2008-07-26). XMLTV 0.5.54 was released on 2009-01-14 and is the
current stable release.

One possible work around might be to edit the tv_grab_uk_rt script
directly and set $rt_channels_uri to point to an edited local copy
(e.g. /tmp/channels.dat) of the channels.dat file.

If your distro is not providing an up-to-date version of XMLTV, you
might want to give them a gentle prod :)

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: