[mythtv-users] nuvexport/mplayer mp3 conversion problem

Ben Ward ben at crouchingbadger.com
Fri Feb 6 12:38:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I used to have a nice simple facility to export  radio programmes
recorded using DVB-T on freeview.  Somewhere along the way this broke.

I use nuvexport to export XVID and other stuff ok, and I can use it to
export video recordings as mp3 too.  But selecting the audio-only
MPEG2-TS files generated from mythtv leaves the nuvexport script
hanging after selecting a show from the recordings list.  A bit of
perl investigation led me to line 354 of Recording.pm which is
complaining that the HEIGHT variable hasn't been filled in yet.  This
apparently gets filled in by this line (310):

my $data = `$program -v -v -v -v -nolirc -nojoystick -vo null -ao null
-frames 1 -identify '$file' 2>/dev/null`;
and this regex match:
 m/^ID_VIDEO_HEIGHT=0*([1-9]\d*)/m;

Running $program (which is mplayer) on video recordings generates a
fairly short output within about 10 seconds, including those matches.
Running it on audio-only recordings goes on seemingly forever
(currently 9 minutes and counting) and never makes a match to HEIGHT.

Seems to me the problem lies with nuvexport trying to use mplayer to
find non-existing formatting information for the video file.

Has anyone seen this before? I would really love to be able to export
mp3s again - I have 9 months of Gilles Peterson to listen to ;-)

Ben

Mythbuntu/ubuntu 8.10
nuvexport version:  0.5 0.20080311.svn

MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3

MythTV Version   : 18207
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw
using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live

--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com
51.717817,-1.225855