[mythtv-users] garbled sound from Fireware stream

Tim Shannon shannon.timothy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 07:11:06 UTC 2009

I've just recently switch providers from satellite to cable so I could get
HD, and I've got everything working great, except for my audio is coming
through garbled on anything coming over the firewire from the cable box.  My
old records play fine, and the new firewire hd recordings play find in
mplayer and xine.

I've messed with all of the audio settings in Mythtv, and nothing seems to
fix it.

I've found this online,
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/337780, but that
basically says to just set it to default alsa, and it should work.  It's
not.