[mythtv-users] Secondary Backend

Barry Williams bazzawill at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 04:26:43 UTC 2009

Hi guys
I have had a primary backend running in my bedroom for sometime, I
have now finally convinced the family to get another frontend/backend
for the lounge. Both backends have dual tuners in them, which have
been setup in mythtv-backend and I have set up the one in the lounge
as the primary and the one in the bedroom as secondary. I have made
sure that both machines have static IP's.
Here is how the IP's are set in mythtv-setup
Primary = 192.168.1.150
Secondary = 192.168.1.200

Primary mythtv-setup
localbackend ip = 192.168.1.150
primary backend = 192.168.1.150

secondary mythtv-setup
loca backend = 192.168.1.200
primary backend = 192.168.1.150

mysql is accessible from the secondary backend and I have edited
mysql.txt with the DBHostName=192.168.1.150.

The recordings on the primary show up on the secondary, but my
additional tuners from the secondary do not show up.

I made sure to shutdown both backends, start the primary then the secondary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards
Barry