[mythtv-users] Playback setting confusion

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 02:59:06 UTC 2009

>> I have been really struggling with trying to get consistently smooth
>> 1080i playback for broadcast TV. I am in Australia so I believe it is
>> all MPEG2 (DVB-T).
>>

> I have almost the same mb (M3N78-VM with nVidia 8200) and propcessor, but
> only running with 1G ram. I have had no problems with playback of HD content
> on 1080. I would first make sure you have the Nvidia drivers installed from
> their website. Also another thing that helped me in the past was to stream
> from the backend, not from a smb or nfs mounted share.

Hi,

I have configured the motherboard with 512MB through the BIOS.
The stream option is checked in the frontend.

Can you tell me what your settings are for cpu++ and what you have in
your xorg.conf file (modules section). Also, how did you install
(source, ubuntu etc)?

I have also just installed the latest nvidia drivers (180.22) from the
nvidia website but can not confirm it has worked until I get home
tonight.

I had seen this in my log which caused me to start playing with the
playback settings...

VideoOutputXv Error: XvMC output requested, but is not supported by display.

Cheers

Phil