[mythtv-users] hd converter box lircd.conf problems ==

Sam Bruner sabruner3 at juno.com
Fri Feb 6 02:04:57 UTC 2009

On 05/02/2009, Sam Bruner <sabruner3 at juno.com> wrote:

> I have a low cpu power system and was planning on using a DTV converter box
> to caputure digital signals because it will convert them to analog.  I
> purchased a homebrew ir receiver and a separate ir transmitter.  I have two
> different set top boxes and both are having the same problem.

What type of homebrew IR receiver - serial?

> I have a access HD and a Magnavox.  I was able to use irrecord to create a
> lircd.conf, however in both cases I have not been able to get either to
> work.  I have tried frequencies from 30,000 to 60000 incrementing them 1000
> at a time I used killall -HUO lircd to restart lircd and reread the config
> file after each change.
>
> Nothing is working.  I am really going crazy.

Try recording the remotes using one of the predefined 'generic' header
files and see if that helps. The RC-5 one would be my preferred
starting point. If using one of these header files, do not use raw
mode.

Also note that the majority of existing LIRC configs for 'standard'
consumer IR remotes use a frequency of 38,000Hz.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

===

How do I do this.  I used irrecord and it appeared to generate a working lircd.conf.  irw responded when I pressed buttons.
This is a set top box.  Don't they generally have different frequencies?
FTD.com
Shop now and save $15 on Flowers and Gifts from FTD!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/u4MuScM2CQtPkFd19dnbVftEnzB3WoADz1IPeR0V7oazQblUdii9H/