[mythtv-users] The $99 frontend is here. Is this too good tobetrue?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:14:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Michael Brancato <mike at mikebrancato.com> wrote:

> On 2/4/09 12:02 PM, John Drescher wrote:
>>
>> I'd rather get an atom barebone:
>
> I can't wait for a production Ion platform to be released.  It should be
> plenty capable of HD.  Rumor is the next Mac Mini will be Ion-based.
>
> http://techreport.com/articles.x/16340
>
> My current AppleTV makes a great SD frontend and pseudo-HD frontend. And
> once it is all said and done, I'm willing to pay more for a nice, small
> frontend.

just to fan the rumor flames:

Apple planning connected television, Apple TV with DVR - report
Although Apple has publicly denied interest in such markets,
investment bank Piper Jaffray said Thursday it expects the company to
introduce a networked television in the next two years and update its
Apple TV set-top-box with DVR capabilities by year's end.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/02/05/apple_planning_connected_television_apple_tv_with_dvr_report.html

--
Andrew Close