[mythtv-users] Detailed log of mythfrontend activity?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Feb 5 18:32:07 UTC 2009

On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:27 AM, kanetse at gmail.com wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Brad DerManouelian
> <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>>
>> bderman at mythtv:~$ mythfrontend -v help
>> 2009-02-05 10:17:45.453 mythfrontend version: trunk [19847] www.mythtv.org
>> Verbose debug levels.
>> Accepts any combination (separated by comma) of:
>>

> Thanks!  That's what I was looking for.  I was trying things like:
> mythfrontend -h, mythfrontend --help, mythfrontend -? and wasn't
> getting any luck.  Unfortunately, the wiki page
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythFrontend didn't list this either;
> although I will add this in.

The command you wanted was mythfrontend --help, although I believe
mythfrontend -help would have given you an error of an unrecognized
command and then spit out the usage message anyway which includes the -
v command.

Invalid argument: -help
Valid options are:
-l or --logfile filename       Writes STDERR and STDOUT messages to
filename
-r or --reset                  Resets frontend appearance settings and
language
-display X-server              Create GUI on X-server, not localhost
-geometry or --geometry WxH    Override window size settings
-geometry WxH+X+Y              Override window size and position
-w or --windowed               Run in windowed mode
-nw or --no-windowed           Run in non-windowed mode
-O or --override-setting KEY=VALUE
                                Force the setting named 'KEY' to value
'VALUE'
                                This option may be repeated multiple
times
--override-settings-file <file>
                                File containing KEY=VALUE pairs for
settings
-G or --get-setting KEY[,KEY2,etc]
                                Returns the current database setting
for 'KEY'
--version                      Version information
                                Use a comma seperated list to return
multiple values
-v or --verbose debug-level    Use '-v help' for level info
-p or --prompt                 Always prompt for Mythbackend selection.
-d or --disable-autodiscovery  Never prompt for Mythbackend selection.
-u or --upgrade-schema         Allow mythfrontend to upgrade the
database schema
<plugin>                       Initialize and run this plugin

Environment Variables:
$MYTHTVDIR                     Set the installation prefix
$MYTHCONFDIR                   Set the config dir (instead of ~/.mythtv)