[mythtv-users] Does multirec actually work ?

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Feb 5 16:19:45 UTC 2009

Jean-Yves Avenard schreef:
> Hi
>
> 2009/2/6 James Stembridge <jstembridge at gmail.com>:
>
>> Without switching tuners how could you view a channel on a different
>> multiplex? Live tv unfortunately won't switch tuners to give you the
>> channel you want.
>>
> Forgot about that, I'm using this patch http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4501
> which allows you to browse across all tuners...
>
> I guess it doesn't handle virtual encoders like multirec :(
>
> running 0.21-fixes BTW ...
>
> Jean-Yves
With or without that patch (which has been commited by now, btw)
multirec in liveTV will not work *decently*

The devs have repeatedly said this is NOT a bug.
The required code just isn't there, so that makes it a missing
feature/functionality.
(This means we can't create a trac bug report)

I know: it sucks. Unless somebody is willing to make a patch for it,
nothing is going to happen.
I thought about creating a bounty for it, though.
If a few people would be willing to throw a bit of cash at it it could
greatly motivate someone to do it.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker