[mythtv-users] Questions about automated shutdown/startup...

Jay Summet jay at summet.com
Thu Feb 5 14:23:11 UTC 2009

Mike Perkins wrote:
> Jay Summet wrote:
>> 2) Sometimes I forget to exit out of the front end, and this keeps the
>> system from shutting down. Is there a way to make the front end time-out
>>  (after say, an hour of no input) and exit back to mythwelcome?
>>
> That would suck if you were watching a 2-hour film.

I was thinking more of only when the frontend is in a menu or guide, not
when actually playing.  (A recent post showed to how make LiveTV exit
automatically after X hours of playback via hidden options in the DB, I
was just wondering if something like that existed for the frontend when
it's at a menu.)

Jay