[mythtv-users] Lots of confusion as to which card(s) to buy for vdpau

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 04:03:10 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/5 Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>:

>Thanks Jean-Yves, much appreciated results on a confusing topic. Do you mind
> if I put it on the myth Wiki?

not at all ; that's the reason I posted it here...

> We all need a hobby ;)

Actually, I'm so interested in that stuff that I'm thinking of
starting it as an actual job...
I'd love to help people set nice home cinemas...

I did mine already:
http://www.avenard.org/home%20cinema/

> Whereabouts did you get the 8600? difficult to source in Brisbane.

I bought it a while ago at MSY, now it seems the only fanless cards
are 9400 or 9500 cards.

I may order a 9500GT and see how it behaves.

Jean-Yves