[mythtv-users] Recorded Programs and Listings return blank pages in mythweb

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:35:52 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Rob Rosenfeld <
rob+mythtv-users at rosenfeld.to <rob%2Bmythtv-users at rosenfeld.to>> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 20/01/2009, Rob Rosenfeld <rob+mythtv-users at rosenfeld.to<rob%2Bmythtv-users at rosenfeld.to>>
> wrote:
> >
> >>  max_execution_time 120`.  There's no entry made in the Apache error
> >>  log.  I'm using Apache 2.2.6, PHP 5.2.5, and perl 5.8.8.
> >
> > Anything in the PHP error log? (Mine is located at
> /var/log/php/error.log)
> >
> > If you have a lot of recordings, could it be timing out generating the
> > thumbnails? Try upgrading to at least r19704 (see
> > http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19704/trunk/mythtv) and see if
> > the problem resolves.
> >
> > Nick
>
> There was nothing in the php.log, but upgrading mythweb did help.
> Interesting because 1)  r19704 contains no changes to mythweb and 2)
> listings don't have any thumbnails.  Thanks much.  Now on r19816.

I just ran into this problem myself for the Recorded page.  In my httpd
error_log file it did say that it was running out of memory so I increased
the php memory limit in my mythweb.conf file and it worked.  The one trick
though was it was the mythweb.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf.d not the one in
/var/www/html/mythweb and that the httpd service had to be restarted after
the change.

Thanks for the pointer.

John