[mythtv-users] Lots of confusion as to which card(s) to buy for vdpau

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 00:35:49 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/2/5 Henrik Beckman <henrik.list at gmail.com>:

> Could it be bandwith limited or is the deinterlacing done by something
> (shaders) outside the video engine?

Interestingly, I ran the test in Vista.
9400GT /  gigabyte EG31MF-S2
cpu 5.7
ram 5.9
graphicss 3.6
Gaming graphics 3.9
hard disk 5.6

GA-E7AUM-DS2H (9400 IGP) / 60Hz
cpu 5.7
ram 4.5
graphicss 4.7
Gaming graphics 5.2
hard disk 5.6

You can see that the video RAM is shared on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H, it
makes the RAM score much lower.
But the onboard 9400 is actually faster under vista than the discrete 9400GT !

> Afaik (http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2798&p=3) the video
> engine runs at core clock and should perform based on that.

I have no idea why with vdpau it wouldn't be as good then...

It may be a driver issue, as if you look closely, there's a slight
tearing with the onboard 9400, which I isn't solved by disable
composite.

Jean-Yves