[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 19:58:58 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 2:37 PM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
>> Calvin Harrigan wrote:

> I have an asus 8400GS 512 MB model. How do I tell the chip version?

I don't know how to tell the chip type but there is a utility to get
the VDPAU info from it.

To get this to compile under F10 I had needed the nvidia-devel and the
X11-devel package.

Also, I had to modify a few files. I'm trying to recall this from
memory as I'm at work right now but it was something like this.

vdpinfo.cpp:
Add nvidia to the front of the vdpau.h and vdpau_x11.h include
statements so it will find the files.

Makefile
add -L/usr/lib64/nvidia to the front (but after the =) of the LDFLAGS
line so it will find libvdpau.so.

Richard