[mythtv-users] Good video card with HDMI out?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Feb 4 06:49:56 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:
> When I was getting my audio system set up it was speaker wire that was
> the big deal.  I found it hard to believe that the wire could make a
> difference so I modeled different configurations on SPICE, a computer
> modeling program for electronic circuits.  I found that the speaker
> wire did have a calculatable effect on the dampening factor of the
> amplifier, much to my surprise.  What  you want is high capacitance in
> the speaker wire.
At one time I guess it was the in thing to use Litz wire for
interconnects, because of its high capacitance.  It was so high it
sometimes caused solid state amps to oscillate, though.

I'm willing to believe it could have a measurable effect, but I'm
skeptical that anyone can actually hear it.  I'm reminded of a blind
test that found people couldn't distinguish between speakers connected
with Monster Cable and speakers connected with straightened-out coat
hangers. ;)