[mythtv-users] NVidia ION - Atom plus 9400M graphics on a box smaller than a toaster

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 01:32:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>wrote:

> A bad case on insomnia let me to Slashdot, which in turn led me to a
> detailed review of the reference Ion platform on The Tech Report:
>
> http://techreport.com/articles.x/16340
>
> It does look very promising, even if there are still a few kinks to work
> out.
>
> Nick
>
> --
> Nick Morrott
>
> MythTV Official wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/
>
> "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
> Franklin

Engadget has a roundup of some ION reviews today, with some cool photo
galleries:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/03/nvidia-ion-platform-review-roundup/

I can't see this being a very good value at $499, but then again that's
about what your average Atom-based desktop is going for, without digital
video and the like. I just hope somebody releases a barebones option.