[mythtv-users] SVN vdpau and hdpvr playback

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Feb 3 03:46:26 UTC 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 7:38 PM, Mark Kendall wrote:

> 2009/2/3 john <jppoet at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Does anyone else running SVN with vdpau notice when you select an
>>> hdpvr
>>> recording to watch, the audio begins but the screen is black, exit
>>> play
>>> back, then select the same recording and it plays back fine?
>
> John/Al - can either of you provide a link to a clip that doesn't
> work?

I'm seeing this, too. It was fine until I added:

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

to xorg.conf to get rid of my tearing (which it did). Before this, I
didn't have the black screen problem (but I did have tearing). I also
changed to the BOB 2X HW deinterlacer at the same time, but I don't
think this is the problem since it happens on both 1080i (OTA NBC) and
720p (HD-PVR from DirecTV) content.