[mythtv-users] Revision numbers: trunk vs fixes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 3 02:48:12 UTC 2009

On 02/02/2009 09:31 PM, Nick Rout wrote:
> Do the revision numbers in trunk have any correlation to the revision
> numbeers in 0.21-fixes?
>
> For example the wiki says of uPnP and the xbox 360 "At least as of
> trunk 17776M, this is streaming perfectly to XBOX 360 via UPnP"
>
> So, for example, if I have fixes 19794, will that have the uPnP stuff
> from trunk 17776?

In SVN, revision numbers are global, so every check in--whether to trunk
or to the -fixes branch (or any other experimental branch, such as
mythmusic-ui or mythtv-vid or...)-- increments the "current" revision of
trunk /and/ -fixes.

So, though current -fixes is SVN r19921, it hasn't gotten any new
features since 0.21 was released (r16468).

As far as the UPnP stuff goes, I don't know whether you have the right
stuff.  Fixes are often backported to -fixes (thus the name ;), but new
features never are.  So, if what made that version of trunk work was a
fix, you have it.  If it was a new feature, you don't.

I'm guessing, though, that you have what you need, as I'm pretty sure it
was working at the release of 0.21.  Note, though, that the XBox 360
UPnP can't play MPEG-2 recordings in the MPEG Systems container (i.e.
what you get from PVR-x50's or ATSC/DVB).

Mike